Come join our Production Experience team. As a software engineer, you will be responsible for crafting the software development lifecycle for Marqeta’s product development teams. We strive to focus our product development efforts as much as possible on delivering value to our customers; you will provide a suite of systems, tools, and processes that remove as much boiler-plate as possible from product development.
Create systems that provide scalability and durability by default across our data storage systems and horizontal scalability across our compute systems. Provide a path for our product engineers to experience efficient low-latency code-build-test loops. Make it easy to build products that are secure by default. Provide effortless visibility into production systems for engineers that own products.
The experience of developing products influences heavily the quality and velocity of products. In this role, you’ll make this experience delightful.
- Enable rapid engineering delivery inside Marqeta.
- Create self-service systems for all aspects of the lifecycle of server-side application stacks, including deployment, monitoring, alerting, CI, testing, data storage, disaster recovery, and more.
- Abstract away backend infrastructure, networking, storage, and compute.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience.
- Customer orientation and product mindset. As your customers are all working with you inside Marqeta, excellent cross-functional acumen!
- Strong demonstrated experience scaling systems and working with systems as they scale.
- Positive outlook towards work, strong work ethic and ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in the payments industry.
- Experience working with remote teams.