Are you looking to join an innovative organization powering payments for the next generation of fintech and commerce innovators? Marqeta has built the world’s first open API issuer processor platform from scratch, powering prepaid, debit, and credit cards for the most recognizable names in financial technology, alternative lending, on-demand services and e-commerce. Marqeta has become the leader in payment innovation. Our company is comprised of a team of industry experts, a dynamic approach to working on challenging problems, and an open environment and culture that is focused on ideas and innovation.
Not only do we have an inspiring and innovative culture, but only Marqeta can offer you a chance to help redefine the payments industry. As a testament to the company we've collectively built, our world-class team voted Marqeta one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a team as diverse as the cities in which we operate. Underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
We are not expecting any single candidate to have an expertise under all areas of our requirements section. Please apply if you meet some but not all of the requirements.
We are seeking a driven software engineer that enjoys working in a team environment and thrives on creating scalable data applications. The right person for this role has a passion for efficient modular application design, a curiosity for data and analytics and pragmatic nature to focus on the need to balance timely delivery with long term need to scale. This rare combination enables our team to continue exceeding our customer’s expectations. Each member of the central analytics team at Marqeta is expected to be able to lead projects and contribute new insights to the team.
Work to develop and maintain solutions using cutting edge techniques and practices. Create designs which will contribute to the long term infrastructure at Marqeta. Operate in time-sensitive environment to deliver efficient solutions based on a clear point of view on what will achieve the necessary short and long term outcomes. Present solutions, articulate challenges and opportunities and ideate on longer term solutions with broader analytics team.
- 3+ years “hands-on” experience implementing, testing and scaling SaaS products
- History of designing, building and launching efficient & reliable data solutions, ideally with a non-technical end-user in mind (preferably with APIs)
- Deep background in Python
- Familiarity with PostgresSQL and Java
- Familiarity with distributed messaging architectures such as AWS Kinesis, Kafka, or RabbitMQ
- Experience with git, github, and the pull request workflow
- Experience working with teams to creatively solve complex data-related problems
- Positive outlook towards work, strong work ethic and ability to work in a team environment
Bonus Points For
- History building data science or analytic products
- Familiarity with statistical analyses and econometric models (e.g. linear regression, hazard rate modeling, time series forecasting, exponential smoothing)
- Experience in large data environments
- Background in payments (Good Domain knowledge on Financial Services Industry)
- Experience with Amazon Redshift, Redis/Elasticache, Snowflake
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, HBase, DynamoDB, MongoDB
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career and opportunities with us will, too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Bi-annual Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more!