Are you looking to join an innovative organization powering payments for the next generation of fintech and commerce innovators? Marqeta has built the world’s first open API issuer processor platform from scratch, powering prepaid, debit, and credit cards for the most recognizable names in financial technology, alternative lending, on-demand services and e-commerce. Marqeta has become the leader in payment innovation. Our company is comprised of a team of industry experts, a dynamic approach to working on challenging problems, and an open environment and culture that is focused on ideas and innovation.
Not only do we have an inspiring and innovative culture, but only Marqeta can offer you a chance to help redefine the payments industry. As a testament to the company we've collectively built, our world-class team voted Marqeta one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a team as diverse as the cities in which we operate. Underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
We are not expecting any single candidate to have an expertise under all areas of our requirements section. Please apply if you meet some but not all of the requirements.
We are seeking an innovative product manager with a passion for customer needs, a desire to develop and launch industry leading products and an innate interest in making workflows more efficient. This person will be responsible for managing the delivery of transaction dispute management and a task monitoring system for the risk products group. The overall mission of the group is to reduce risk at Marqeta and transaction dispute management is a crucial element as, when done correctly, it can both reduce operational costs as well as add data elements from end users that can dramatically help the overall mission. The task monitoring system is currently used internally to enable ad-hoc investigations and various notifications but we believe it has positive applications to external customers and are looking for a product manager to drive it. This strategic role should operate on the forefront of what is possible for human centered data products, working closely with network partners to develop a deep understanding of their systems and understand and exceed customer requirements. As a key spokesperson for your products you should be comfortable engaging with customers, partners and internal teams in group settings.
- Develop and own a product roadmap that delivers value and positive outcomes to our customers and Marqeta, making the challenging prioritization decisions when necessary
- Be the subject matter expert for network and partner integrations around dispute management to make the customer experience as simple as possible
- Interact with partners, customers and prospects to define clear requirements around customer use cases and problems for software engineers and data scientists to ideate and solution
- Deliver customer value iteratively, managing products through sprint planning, launch phases and follow-on releases
- Collaborate with product marketing, sales, partners, support etc. to develop product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, sales tools for a strong go-to-market and customer support plan
- Articulate the vision and strategy in a consumable with consistent execution against that strategy
- Work with the product analytics group to define the success metrics to drive iterative investments
- 3+ years of Product Management experience
- Understanding of MVP and strong belief in lean product development methodologies
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a product management team and influence others within the company and outside
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage and lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding of technical architecture of complex and highly scalable solutions
- Education credentials in a related field
Bonus points for:
- Experience in fraud detection, case management, payments and / or FinTech products
- Background in statistical data modeling, designing ETL / data pipeline solutions, and working directly with data
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career with us will too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Bi-annual Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more. Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!