Marmalade is a world-first invoice payments platform that empowers businesses to take complete control of their cash-flow. Trusted by 100+ companies, Marmalade enables its customers to cost-effectively access their money as soon as they invoice with speed, simplicity and total transparency to deliver operational improvements and accelerated growth.
We are a well-funded start-up with an exceptionally strong, experienced and diverse team. We are growing rapidly and looking for like-minded people to join us on our mission to empower every business around the world to access their money, when they want it.
As Head of Sales you will lead the sales and partnerships at Marmalade, identifying and creating opportunities for revenue and market growth.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Leading and growing the Marmalade Sales team and function. Coach the sales team to achieve revenue growth goals and professional objectives. Recruit and grow team members.
- Formulate Marmalade’s acquisition strategy and roadmap, and operationalise those plans.
- Define, set and manage sales targets and incentives structure.
- Build and manage a portfolio of channel referrer and industry partners to achieve revenue growth goals by implementing an effective ‘one-to-many’ sales strategy.
- Developing go-to-market strategies with Marketing as required.
- Define and implement processes with Operations to effectively move prospects through the sales and onboarding funnel.
- Partner closely with the Marketing, Product & Operations teams to ensure Marmalade consistently and effectively services its customers.
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience as a hands-on leader who has been successful in building and supporting teams, while also being a high performing individual contributor.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in sales within Finance, Payments or Fintech and the SMB market
- Driven, competitive and passionate.
- Exceptional sales coaching and mentoring skills.
- Numbers-focused with a strong ability to quantify effort and outcomes.
- Empathy for the customer and a people-person.
What we offer
- Work alongside a strong experienced team with alumni from Afterpay, SafetyCulture, Envato, Autopilot, Prospa, Dataminr and Xero
- Be part of an early stage startup attacking an enormous market opportunity with the chance to have a meaningful impact, to share in our success, to learn and to be challenged.
- A considerate, progressive and supportive work environment
- We are a remote friendly environment, we believe that happy and healthy employees produce better business outcomes
- Competitive base salary, incentives and equity