Markforged is looking for a Tier II Help Desk Technician focused on internal tools training to join our Technology Operations team. The goal of the Technology Operations team is to provide effective technologies and quality services that seamlessly integrate into the daily workflows of Markforged employees to enhance productivity, safeguard information, and scale in a cost-effective manner. We do this by listening to the needs of employees and maximizing the potential of the tools we offer. You will report to the Global Help Desk Manager and will work alongside all aspects of Markforged.
As a Help Desk Technician, you will be a strong and independent team member that is passionate about solving big problems with simple solutions, driving perfection, and building a great company. You have demonstrable experience in building scalable IT infrastructure while maintaining a high level of technology support. You are a creative thinker, problem solver, and learner. In this role, you will have a superb opportunity to implement and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative technologies.
What will you own?
- Provide “at the elbow” support as well as remote help desk support for employees. This includes setting up new workstations & user accounts, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance.
- Onboard new hires, including provisioning of computers, accounts, and peripherals
- Assist with automating common processes
- Solve problems and support solutions related to macOS, Windows, Linux, mobile devices, office printers, A/V and video conferencing systems
- Maintain an updated knowledge base
- Record problem and resolution details in ticketing system
- Collaborate with the rest of the Tech Ops team to provide a reliable help model
Important Note: Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent of knowledge acquired through experience, other qualifications and training/development
- 4+ year of experience supporting IT services, including configuration, patching, and diagnosis of macOS, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android
- Skilled communicator with a focus on customer service to resolve issues effectively
- Ability to tailor support for all members of the organization
- Experience supporting enterprise software
- Problem solver who knows how to effectively utilize resources
- Highly organized and precise, with great attention to detail
- Ability to provide concise documentation within a ticketing system
- Experience with office hardware such as printers, video conferencing, and A/V systems
- Ability to work weekend and off-hours on occasion
- Ability and strong desire to work autonomously while achieving result
- Flexibility to handle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-moving environment