As a Systems Engineer focused on security, you will be a strong and independent team member passionate about securing IT environments. You have demonstrable experience securing cloud-first, SaaS-first startups, implementing centralized endpoint detection and response (EDR) systems, building actionable alerting with security incident and event management systems, and evangelizing security best practices to engineering teams and users. In this role you will also be a part of Markforged’s Technology Operations department, which is a cross-functional team spanning helpdesk, systems, IT security, risk and compliance, and application security.
The goal of the Technology Operations team is to provide effective technologies and quality services that seamlessly integrate into the daily workflows of Markforged employees to safeguard information, enhance productivity, and scale in a cost-effective manner. We do this by listening to the needs of employees and maximizing the potential of the tools we offer. You will have a superb opportunity to implement and maintain secure highly effective, reliable, and innovative technologies.
What will you own?
- Manage, maintain, and improve IT systems architecture and security
- Manage complex technical challenges across departments and stakeholders
- Support and solve problems related to macOS, Windows, Linux
- Implement centralized endpoint detection and response (EDR) tooling
- Manage the implementation of a SIEM tool and automated security alerting
- Develop and monitor an incident response workflow for managing actionable security alerts
- Work with engineering teams to establish and enforce secure practices and procedures in the building of environments and deployment of code
- Research and implement cutting edge security tooling and open source tooling across macOS, Windows, and Linux endpoints
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- 4+ years of experience supporting and managing macOS, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android
- Deep understanding of modern cloud-first, SaaS-first IT environments
- Background in scaling startup IT environments experiencing hypergrowth
- Experience administering enterprise software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver clear and empathetic instructions to users of all technical skill levels
- Experience implementing and managing vulnerability scanning tools, web application firewalls, and SIEM platforms
- Experience working with endpoint configuration management tools (e.g. jamf Pro, InTune)
- Experience with ISO27001, SOC2, or FedRAMP are all a plus