We are building a world-class team of Application Engineers (AE) that represent the face of Markforged. If you are mechanically inclined, enjoy a new challenge every day, engineering minded, and thrive in a customer facing environment, you will want to join our Application Engineering team.
The Application Engineer works at the intersection of engineering, sales, and customer service. The AE is a blend of an expert problem solver, technology consultant, teacher, and business developer. This position will be in close contact with our commercial team by pursuing custom requests, resolving customer challenges, and building strategic relationships.
What will you own?
- Be the leader in technical pre-sales conversations with customers and partners, determining solutions for how the Markforged platform will fit into their environments and infrastructure.
- Take a “solution-selling” approach to active opportunities ensuring that each aspect of the Markforged platform is properly positioned to address customer/prospect needs and win opportunities
- Gain expert technical knowledge and proficiency with Markforged products, applications, and the additive manufacturing industry in general. Leverage this expertise to generate innovative ideas for better utilization of our printers with our customers and partners.
- Lead customer-facing demonstrations & presentations, as well as support creation of technical demand generation content (blog posts, webinars, whitepapers)
- Develop and further the strategy of effective use of Application Engineers, prioritizing technical pre-sales, channel enablement, technical marketing and content generation, and/or internal value-add in order to most effectively drive business growth within the region
- Breed technical pre-sales skills and business acumen within the Channel, partnering with Channel counterparts in areas such as application identification, best practices for working on a pre-sales team, and achieving the technical win.
- Develop consultative relationships with existing and future clients, with the goal of providing value through problem solving and improved adoption of Markforged technology.
- Support internal product, sales, and engineering teams. Drive feedback and content for marketing collateral through high level case studies.
- Constantly collaborate with Partners on Opportunities & Pipeline, including joint calls and technical validation with potential prospects
- Understand customer needs and requirements, explaining the value of the full Markforged solution
- Expertly demonstrate Markforged technology to end users and channel partners
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of technical pre-sales or application engineering experience in a technology company, preferably with hardware, software or with industrial/capital expense equipment.
- Experience with Additive Manufacturing is a plus
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturing is a plus
- Knowledge of general manufacturing processes and techniques
- Knowledge and experience with major CAD software such as Fusion 360, Solidworks, NX is a plus
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and technical pre-sales on track.
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in an aggressive timeline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to present to large groups
- Willingness to travel up to 60% (majorly domestic and occasionally international)
- Ability in effective communication in English. Additional languages are a plus.