Join the team that is revolutionizing manufacturing! At Markforged, we build industrial 3D printing platforms to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old part creation processes. Thousands of companies around the world use our machines to print same-day tooling and produce stronger end-use parts than ever before.
We are building a world-class team of Application Engineers (AE) that represent the face of Markforged. If you are mechanically inclined, enjoy a new challenge every day, engineering minded, and thrive in a customer facing environment, you will want to join our Application Engineering team. Within this role, your direction will be Technical Resource Focused.
Day to day tasks include part evaluation best-practices, running and maintenance of both the Composite printers, optimizing geometries for fiber pathing and successful printing, and the Metal X platform for the pre-sales team, while also addressing technical questions, and developing content for use in the field. From this position, progression paths include standard AE roles in both the Field and Strategic teams.
What will you own?
- Gain expert technical knowledge and proficiency for Markforged products, applications, and the additive manufacturing industry in general.
- Leverage this expertise to generate innovative ideas for better utilization of our printers with our customers and partners.
- Develop training content for customers and partners, by offering guidance on design techniques and strategies for implementation
- Provide sales support, solve printing/design challenges tailored to unique applications.
- Conduct product demonstrations, sales presentations, maintain presence at trade shows and industrial events.
- Support internal teams (sales, marketing, engineering, product design) by offering technical insight from firsthand experience with customers and printers
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- Skilled at connecting strategy to purpose - connect customer processes with Markforged product application.
- Creative, energetic, and motivated self-starters with a high level of mechanical aptitude.
- Consultative, articulate, and comfortable speaking with inspiration for webinars and training
- Customer focused who effectively leverage printing tools to solve problems
- Able to work towards a goal with focus, but flexible and willing to do what it takes to meet organization needs with a start-up mentality
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- 0-2 years of experience in engineering or related fields
- 3D CAD experience
- Manufacturing experience
- Willingness to travel up to 20%