The Director of Global Demand Generation is charged with scaling a sustainable growth program for our global business. This person will conceive and execute the growth strategy for paid, organic, channel, and events marketing. The team is data driven and results focused. We are seeking a talented leader who thrives at the intersection of data, product, engineering, and marketing/sales. The successful candidate will be analytical and results driven.
This is a rare opportunity to build upon momentum in a high growth environment. Experience in fast-paced startup environments and a proven track record of execution and leading high performance teams is critical to this role.
What will you own?
- Deliver a world-class demand generation function at Markforged that achieves predictable growth across the global business including Paid, PPC and SEM/SEO, Webinars, Channel Marketing, and Events.
- Lead the development, execution and optimization of all lead generation, nurturing and paid customer acquisition campaigns
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of key business metrics, and use those metrics to set target CPA thresholds per customer segment; experiment with new channels, techniques, and messaging to scale advertising spend while maintaining target conversion rates.
- Focus on implementing non-paid growth strategies in addition to enhancing our current, strong set of paid online marketing programs i.e.- Community efforts, advocacy, retargeting
- Take an iterative data-driven approach to understand the efficacy of various paid and organic channels to grow and optimize them effectively. Demonstrate impact through dashboards and reporting to adapt and respond to learning in real-time.
- Own the relationship with sales and forge strong communication and service level agreement (SLA) between marketing and sales
- Produce scale and efficiency in process and execution at every stage of the funnel through cross-functional teamwork (Marketing, Sales, BDRs, Revenue Ops)
- Proactively partner with product and corporate marketing to build out initiatives and campaigns – weaving them directly into a master demand generation engine
- Inspire the Marketing team on strategic programs and lead them as a player-coach with a no-task is too small for your approach.
- Mentor and grow existing employees through ongoing coaching and career ladder development so they have clear paths to grow and meet our business demands.
- Forecast and present to senior management.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills you have that could make you a great fit but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- 10+ years of experience in marketing, 5+ years successfully managing Demand Gen teams
- Big picture thinking with meticulous attention to detail; you will need to understand the overall business and marketing strategy, translate that into an acquisition strategy and guide the team through execution
- A strong understanding of all digital acquisition channels, including display, search, social, lead buys and content sponsorships
- A love of analytics and a proven track record of analyzing campaign performance and identifying actionable insights to increase new customer acquisition
- Experience managing a large marketing budget across multiple channels
- Ability to deal with high-growth pains and challenges of a technology startup within a startup
- Cross-functional leader who thrives on collaboration to drive business success