As a SCADA Software Engineer on the Manufacturing Team you will be responsible for owning the SCADA/MES system for the manufacturing facility and coordinating and boosting data adoption in the plant. In this role you will interface with end users, engineering, operations, supply chain, and management professionals to continuously improve and optimize our data collection, analysis, and usage. You will report to the Engineering Manager and will make a strong addition to our growing advanced manufacturing team. This role is critical to ensure that Markforged can scale appropriately and hit production goals and targets. This is an exciting opportunity to be hands-on and drive innovation on the ground level to make an impact in the rapidly growing field of additive manufacturing.
What will you own?
- Own the SCADA/MES system from data acquisition and storage to Analysis and UI
- Continuously improve data structure and systems to boost metric usability and visualization
- Automate workflows, improve data integrations, develop robust analytics and visualize data to help teams focus on action and countermeasures.
- Creation of Metric Dashboard Visualizations
- Stay up-to-date with latest industry technology, and become a subject-matter-expert (SME) on SCADA usage and Inductive Automation’s Ignition ecosystem
- Develop capability to intake and query large amounts of time series data
- Linux Server Management and long term data storage policies
- Interface with business data systems to increase data usability and communication
- Full database management including migrations and access control
- Work with Reliability Team to establish proactive condition-based maintenance capabilities and equipment metering
- Interact with employees on all matters related to data usage and visualization
- Collaborate with process engineers to setup data model and production dashboards that enable accurate KPI tracking/reporting
- Participate in code reviews with EE for internal systems
- Coordination of external vendors and integrators related to Server Management and SCADA
- Data mining and model creation to solve highly complex business problems by applying advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques.
- Identify applications/processes that could benefit from AI/ML adoption
- Implement kaizen projects based on feedback, requests, and visualization or query needs
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- Passion for Data Visualization and Statistics
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Bachelor's degree or Equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience with Data and Database Management - Experience in a manufacturing environment desirable
- Competency in SQL, Python, and Linux systems required. Competency in C++ and statistics are desirable
- Ability to interpret complex data relationships and communicate meaning
- Strong analytical skills in Data interpretation and visualization
- Experience working with manufacturing SCADA systems, and business MRP/ERP required - Ignition and Sage experience a plus
- Interest in human factors and working with cross functional teams to develop user interface designs
- Ability to tell a story about current performance using data
- Experience with industry standard protocols such as OPCUA and MQTT
- Can work with a high degree of autonomy and is able to diagnose and resolve issues independently
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills - can convey complex technical topics in simple terms
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo and can escalate issues when appropriate