With a team of world-class Application Sales Engineers, the EMEA AE manager is tasked with cohesively bringing together your team to support the wider EMEA team and provide the technical face of Markforged to our clients and partners. For those who are also mechanically-inclined and who enjoy solving a variety of complex problems for customers, thriving in a technical sales setting, the EMEA AE Manager role could be a great fit for you, acting as both player and coach and well as mentor. Your team of Application Engineers serve as trusted advisors to prospects and customers through leveraging their technical expertise and business acumen to propose relevant solutions to real business problems. The EMEA AE manager needs to manage with a light touch whilst creating an environment in which your team can thrive!
You will be managing a team of Application Engineers throughout EMEA. You will be working in tandem with our sales team and local partners to sell across a wide variety of customers across verticals within the EMEA geographic region. As a good Application Engineer anticipates and overcomes technical objections in order to grow and accelerate sales opportunities, providing the right solution to our customers, as the EMEA AE Manager, you will need always to be ahead of the game, flexibly deploying and personally supporting your team, and be able to demonstrate proven leadership skills, purveying confidence, drive and energy into the role .
What will you own?
- Gain and maintain expert technical knowledge and proficiency with Markforged products, applications and the additive manufacturing industry in general
- Serve as the technical lead resource to both your own AE team, the wider EMEA team as well as our Value Added Resellers, on sales opportunities and take ownership of training, enablement and knowledge transfer of technical resources
- Support AE’s, sales representatives and/or our partners in discovery meetings to uncover business and technical requirements that map to Markforged solutions
- Demonstrate Markforged capabilities, including software, printers, demo parts and custom benchmark parts and enable our partners to do the same
- Support internal product, sales and engineering teams by driving feedback and content for marketing collateral through case studies
- Support marketing efforts by serving as an industry thought leader at events and webinars
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- Mechanically intuitive and knowledgeable about a range of manufacturing processes, ideally across multiple industries
- Just as comfortable in deep technical discussions with engineers and manufacturing professionals as they are presenting to varied audiences, including executives
- Consultative, making sure to ask questions to understand the “why”
- The ultimate team player, able to balance the needs of internal Markforged sales representatives with those of our reseller network
- Skilled manager, teacher and enabler helping their AE and Partners in region to attain a higher degree of technical proficiency and self-sufficiency
- Driven and self-motivated with the ability to manage people and processes as well as several long-term projects with minimal oversight in a fast-paced environment
- Have proven people management / interpersonal / team skills in a complex engineering environment.
- Proven project and time-management skills
- The ability to manage a team remotely
- Engineering degree (mechanical preferred), or related technical degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a commercially oriented engineering or technical field
- Demonstrable people, process and project management and presentation skills
- CAD experience
- Demonstrable expertise in some of the following areas: Manufacturing, new product development, supply chain, process characterization, materials, 3D printing
- Solution selling execs, professional services managers with strategic consulting experience strongly preferred
- MBA or graduate degree in a related technical field ideal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including mastery in English (and local language if applicable)
- Willingness to travel up to 50%