MarketMuse accelerates content creation, reinventing how marketers improve organic search rankings, drive expertise in their industry and impact revenue. Today, content marketing is driven by manual website audits that take weeks or months to complete. MarketMuse Suite, an AI-powered Content Intelligence and Strategy Platform, analyzes millions of articles on demand, uncovering gaps and opportunities to empower marketers to craft high-quality content their audience loves and search engines reward. Over 140 brands including IBM, GlaxoSmithKline and Thomson Reuters use MarketMuse to realize 2-6X gains in organic search traffic within 6 months.
We are hiring a Customer Success Manager for full-time employment. We are a startup that is growing, so we're looking for someone who can move fast.
Compensation is competitive and includes bonuses. Long-term, successful hires with the company can receive equity.
- Prioritize your own learning
- take time to listen deeply before acting
- aren't afraid to address challenging issues directly, with compassion
- lead through inspiration not coercion and create space for others to lead
- are comfortable with radical transparency
- are comfortable change as the norm
- are humble and honest
- listen carefully to each other and to our customers
- fundamentally trust each other
- leave our egos at the door
- aren't afraid to fail
At MarketMuse we take pride in helping some of the worlds most influential companies transform the way they approach Content and SEO. We’re developing solutions and programs around them that allow our customers to be more proactive and strategic in the way they create and optimize content.
As a member of the Customer Success team, you will have a crucial role in making this all happen. You will be our go to for all things onboarding, adoption and training, driving change in behavior, and ensuring customers are engaged and helping them unlock the most value possible from our platform.
1) Customer Value - understand the customer's Desired Outcomes using the Value Selling Methodology and by paying attention to the customer's context and pain points. Point the customer toward features and use cases that deliver the value, and collaborate with Support and Product to ensure any barriers to achieving value are overcome.
2) Customer Onboarding and Training - Establish and oversee the customer's adoption, training and development of best practices to continually drive incremental value and return on the customer's investment. Simplify complex concepts. Meet customers where they are, in terms of experience, understanding and time constraints.
3) Tool/Platform Expert - As the go to contact for our customers during onboarding, you will need to be an expert on all of our tools and our platform so that you can advise customers with the best possible solutions
4) Relationship Building - In order to be successful within the role, it will be crucial that you build strong relationships based on honesty and trust, both with your customers as well as internal stakeholders (Sales, Marketing, Product, Engineering)
5) Customer Advocate - You will need to represent the voice of our customers within our organization so that we are building and moving in the direction that will give the customer greater value.
Who are you?
You are obsessed with helping customers maximize the value they get from every interaction with our platform. You are a self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple conflicting priorities, you are able to provide high-quality and responsive customer service, you are solution focused, and you are able to proactively identify opportunities which drive the adoption of MarketMuse.
Customer Success Managers will gain exposure to the inner workings of a growing company, learn how major brands use content and SEO to drive their businesses forward, and influence how content strategy can be used more effectively.
· BA/BS Degree or equivalent
· 2-5 years experience working closely with customers in a fast-paced environment
· Experience or knowledge of Content Marketing and SEO preferred but not required
· Proficient in Gmail and G-Suite. Proficiency in SalesForce, Gainsight and LinkedIn is a plus
· Curiosity for technology, marketing, content marketing, SEO and helping organizations grow
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Highly responsive while maintaining attention to detail
· Proactive, highly driven and self-motivated
· Great sense of initiative
· Strong team player, yet also able to take ownership of tasks
· Comfortable working with tight deadlines
· Calm under pressure