MarketMuse accelerates content creation, reinventing how marketers improve organic search rankings, drive expertise in their industry and impact revenue. Today, content marketing is driven by manual website audits that take weeks or months to complete. MarketMuse Suite, an AI-powered Content Intelligence and Strategy Platform, analyzes millions of articles on demand, uncovering gaps and opportunities to empower marketers to craft high-quality content their audience loves and search engines reward.
We’re looking for an experienced content marketing manager, who also happens to be obsessed with SEO, conversion rates and building awareness. You must love researching, writing, editing, and amplifying stories through a compelling website experience. You’ll also be passionate about testing new ideas, leading change management efforts and reaching / engaging / learning from our audience. The right person will have an eye for top-quality marketing content and a data-driven mindset to help connect content strategy to business results. You’ll play a key role in elevating our content marketing program.
We are an early-stage startup that is growing very rapidly, so this is intended as a starting role with significant advancement opportunity.
Compensation is competitive and includes equity.
Lead our content efforts throughout the funnel by collaborating with the marketing team, customers, and industry experts to scope and produce compelling media content, landing pages, social media channels, etc.
Research ideal co-marketing opportunities and write swapped blog content for our existing partners as well as plan podcasts and webinars appropriately.
Create a strategic plan for lead magnets that will attract our ICPs, in the form of content or collaborating with our product team for website experience, etc
Repurpose internal and external podcasts, webinars, etc so extend the life of that media in our blog posts and other content.
Bring our social media engagement strategy to the next level, by arming our executives and internal champions with authentic stories and creative social ideas that support our strategic narrative.
Monitor, track, and document content performance, and analyze data to determine the impact on revenue
Use research to improve our web pages, landing pages and ongoing content strategy, working with our Sr Content Strategist.
Work with our sales and customer-facing teams to determine the product-focused content, case studies, etc that will help move the needle for sales conversations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years in a content / web marketing role
- Portfolio showcasing B2B content (webpages, landing pages, SEO-driven content, etc.) samples required
- Impeccable organizational and project management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects with many stakeholders
- Demonstrated success with growing traffic and driving revenue through content marketing
- Hands-on experience with website strategy / management, data and analytics, SEO, and social media platforms
- The ability to think creatively and share brilliant ideas of how to make content of all types interesting and impactful
- A high sense of urgency and organization while managing multiple projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism or relevant field
- Experience creating sales content is a plus
- Follow editorial governance and coach other writers and vendors to ensure content is consistent with brand voice, style, and tone
- Thrives in a dynamic, agile startup environment
Equal Opportunity Employment
At MarketMuse, we celebrate diversity -- we support it and we grow with it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. MarketMuse is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.