MarketMuse accelerates content creation, reinventing how marketers improve organic search rankings, drive expertise in their industry and impact revenue. Today, content marketing is driven by manual website audits that take weeks or months to complete. MarketMuse Suite, an AI-powered Content Intelligence and Strategy Platform, analyzes millions of articles on demand, uncovering gaps and opportunities to empower marketers to craft high-quality content their audience loves and search engines reward. Over 120 brands including IBM, GlaxoSmithKline and Thomson Reuters use MarketMuse to realize 2-6X gains in organic search traffic within 6 months.
MarketMuse is seeking a Business Development Manager to lead our BDR team and execute campaigns to drive highly-qualified sales opportunities. We are looking for someone who can collaborate with marketing, sales and product teams to run integrated campaigns and uncover new growth opportunities.
- Develop best practice operating strategies as well as hire, onboard, train and manage BDRs.
- Motivate BDRs to meet and exceed goals through coaching and ongoing training of the value-selling methodology.
- Report regularly on the team’s activities and progress toward goals. Measure, analyze, and report campaign performance.
- Leverage tools to identify high-quality opportunities and ensure quality lead delivery and proper follow-up according to established SLAs.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing on innovative, multi-channel campaigns to drive pipeline, while closely monitoring conversion rates and optimizing campaigns at each stage.
- Develop a deep understanding of customers, products and the buyer’s journey.
- Leverage marketing automation to streamline lead management and pipeline growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in sales/business development in a B2B environment (preferably SaaS) or in demand generation role
- 1-2 years of experience in a team lead or management role
- Tactical, hands-on experience with lead forecasting, reporting, and analysis
- Ability to track and forecast sales pipeline and revenue growth
- Ability to understand data and identify insights and incorporate into selling strategies and key initiatives
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and persuasion skills and work well within a high-performance team environment
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Experience using Salesforce and Pardot/marketing automation to track sales activities
Equal Opportunity Employment
At MarketMuse, we celebrate diversity -- we support it and we grow with it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. MarketMuse is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.