MarketMuse accelerates content creation, reinventing how marketers improve organic search rankings, drive expertise in their industry and impact revenue. Today, content marketing is driven by manual website audits that take weeks or months to complete. MarketMuse Suite, an AI-powered Content Intelligence and Strategy Platform, analyzes millions of articles on demand, uncovering gaps and opportunities to empower marketers to craft high-quality content their audience loves and search engines reward. Over 140 brands including IBM, GlaxoSmithKline and Thomson Reuters use MarketMuse to realize 2-6X gains in organic search traffic within 6 months.
We are hiring a Content Strategist for full-time employment. We are an early-stage startup that is growing very rapidly, so we're looking for someone who can move fast.
Compensation is competitive. Long-term, successful hires with the company can receive equity.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 3-4 years of content strategy experience
- Content writing and editing experience preferred
- Strong understanding of digital marketing, content publishing and technical SEO
- Ability to create data-driven, content strategies targeted to specific audiences, intents or other criteria specific to a client’s needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable grammar, proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize effectively, multitask and execute tasks in a high-paced environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate with multiple stakeholders, in-person and remote, within MarketMuse, multiple departments of client organizations and third-party partners
- Being honest, open and empathetic with other team members, clients and partners
- Willingness to experiment and continuously improve existing products and systems
- Fluent in office software like MS Office, G Suite, etc.
- Familiarity with CRM platforms like Salesforce, HubSpot CRM, etc.
- Familiarity with collaboration tools like Slack, Confluence, Box, etc.
- Experience with brand strategy, e-commerce, SEO, publishing, social media, UX/UI, product marketing, information architecture and analytics preferred but not required
- Research companies and domains to discover opportunities to improve content marketing efforts and organic search performance. Leverage data from the MarketMuse Suite and other tools as needed
- Create content strategies, plans, analyses and other deliverables that support the strategic needs of higher-tier clients
- Partner with Sales team to analyze prospects, scope engagement and provide additional support as necessary during Pre-Sales
- Partner with Customer Success team to assist in the creation of account plans, content strategies and plans and additional deliverables as needed
- Partner with Sales and Customer Success to provide analyses and deliverables to support client renewals and upsell opportunities
- Create and audit MarketMuse content briefs and additional reports to ensure high quality, relevance and alignment with our clients’ needs
- All other duties as assigned
- Leverage in-house developed training materials to ensure that you develop and sustain the product and market expertise required to be a consultative resource to your clients and prospects.
- Conduct yourself in a professional matter at all times, and treat your colleagues, partners, clients, and potential clients with respect and courtesy in every business and social interaction.