MarketMuse accelerates content creation, reinventing how marketers improve organic search rankings, drive expertise in their industry and impact revenue. Today, content marketing is driven by manual website audits that take weeks or months to complete. MarketMuse Suite, an AI-powered Content Intelligence and Strategy Platform, analyzes millions of articles on demand, uncovering gaps and opportunities to empower marketers to craft high-quality content their audience loves and search engines reward. Over 140 brands including IBM, GlaxoSmithKline and Thomson Reuters use MarketMuse to realize 2-6X gains in organic search traffic within 6 months.
We are hiring a Sales Engineer for full-time employment. We are an early-stage startup that is growing very rapidly, so we're looking for someone who can move fast.
Compensation is competitive and includes commission. Long-term, successful hires with the company can receive equity.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 3-4 years of experience in sales engineering
- Strong understanding of digital marketing, content publishing and technical SEO
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable grammar, proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to organize, multitask and execute tasks in a high-paced environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate with multiple stakeholders, in-person and remote, within MarketMuse, multiple departments of client organizations and third-party partners
- Being honest, open and empathetic with other team members, clients and partners
- Fluent in office software like MS Office, G Suite, etc.
- Expertise with collaboration tools like Slack, Confluence, Box, etc.
- Expertise with project management tools like Asana, Basecamp, Trello, Zoho, etc.
- Familiarity with CRM platforms like Salesforce, HubSpot CRM, etc.
- Experience working in a start-up preferred
- Experience in agency sales preferred but not required
- Experience with brand strategy, e-commerce, publishing, social media, UX/UI, product marketing, information architecture and analytics preferred but not required
- Consult with SEO professionals, content strategists and Marketing decision makers (CMO, VP of Marketing)
- Own the technology evaluation stage of the sales process with our prospects of various technical levels.
- Creatively solve technical implementation issues in a variety of technical environments.
- Collaborate with Sales to create data-driven proposals targeted to specific audiences, intents or other criteria specific to a client’s needs
- Conduct market research and competitive intelligence
- Partner with Product team to provide “voice of the customer” insight into end user needs and demands
- Be the MarketMuse Suite Subject Matter Expert
- Collaborate with Sales & Customer Success to effectively transition new clients into onboarding
- All other duties as assigned
- Leverage in-house developed training materials to ensure that you develop and sustain the product and market expertise required to be a consultative resource to your clients and prospects.
- Conduct yourself in a professional matter at all times, and treat your colleagues, partners, clients, and potential clients with respect and courtesy in every business and social interaction.