Senior Python Engineer
Marketmuse Inc.’s M4 Lab is seeking a Senior Python Engineer to help create the next generations of content analytics and content generation technologies. This role blends production software development, big data processing, natural language processing and data mining. The engineer will work on highly scalable data processing pipelines that feed our natural language processing systems geared towards understand the semantics, intent, and topical structure of vast amounts of web content. This role requires extensive knowledge and experience in architecting and developing data intensive applications. You will have the opportunity to work on a large range of services while building and maintaining your own services -- from complex machine learning pipelines to simple APIs that empower our users to experience our technology through a plethora of front-end applications.
Marketmuse Inc. is a rapidly growing institutionally-backed content planning technology firm with offices in Montreal, Boston, and New York City. We are the premier provider of enterprise content planning technologies and are recognized as a leading technology for content marketing functions. MarketMuse’s new M4 Lab (the MarketMuse Montreal Machine Monograph Lab) will be a hub for our advanced machine learning, data science and machine learning infrastructure teams working on cutting-edge R&D to improve our systems’ quality of content understanding, knowledge representation, and machine learning powered content generation assistance tools. Our software also helps our clients optimize or create content ranging from short blog posts to long whitepapers.
- Design and implement reliable distributed data extraction and processing pipelines within AWS
- Architect and implement highly scalable database designs
- Create parallelized and/or distributed versions of existing algorithms
- Improve and maintain existing projects w.r.t. computational and cost efficiency
- Gather and determine requirements for new features from internal colleagues
- Experience with architecting data intensive applications
- Experience with micro-service architectures
- Experience with supporting your code with a test-first-mentality
- Experience with the AWS eco system (AWS Lambda, EC2, Cloudwatch, Step functions, EMR, SQS, etc.)
- Experience with fast prototyping
- Experience working effectively with software engineering teams
- Comfort with making decisions without all of the data
- Mentor others in achieving their career growth potential
Required Education and Experience Level
- 4+ years professional experience with Python
- 2+ years of professional experience with AWS in production level environments
Preferred But Optional Skills
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with workflow tools like Airflow, Luigi, etc.
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, tools and environments (such as Apache Beam, Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, MapReduce, Flume)
- Experience with data mining or machine learning applications
- Hands-on experience implementing new research ideas with a neural network training framework such as Tensorflow, Keras, or PyTorch
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
At MarketMuse, we celebrate diversity -- we support it and we grow with it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. MarketMuse is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.