MarketMuse is an AI-driven assistant for building content strategies.
By analyzing massive amounts of Web content, the MarketMuse platform builds Content Briefs: blueprints that show you exactly how to write to cover a topic comprehensively.
Over 150 publishers use MarketMuse to save hours of research each day, dominate on search and build thought leadership on topics core to the business.
MarketMuse is hiring a Content Production Manager for part-time or full-time employment.
As part of a high-performance team, the Content Production Manager is charged with overseeing the creation of high-quality content (creative) briefs by authors, vendors, and subject matter experts for use in digital products; having content finished, which includes accuracy checking and copyediting; and delivering final content to the customer. The CPM works collaboratively with various stakeholders to ensure content for assigned projects meets requirements and is delivered on schedule and within budget.
- Creates and maintains schedule and budget for all content sourcing, finishing, and brief production activities
- Identifies appropriate content sources to fulfill customer objectives
- Hires and manages content providers (vendors, authors, SMEs) to schedule, budget, and quality standards
- Successfully completes tasks that prepare quality content, including content updating, preparation, copyediting, and other content sourcing and preparation tasks
- Manages all Content Brief production work (composition, proofreading, etc.) and oversees print products through manufacturing and delivery
- Understands production workflow for assigned products; delivers content that meets MarketMuse's quality requirements
- Ensures that content development follows accepted processes and standards. Provides guidelines, requirements, and training to authors and subject matter experts as needed
- 4 years of content management or editorial experience
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Experience with product development processes preferred but not strictly required
- Demonstrated vendor and/or freelancer management experience
- Keen attention to detail, skilled at time-management, and excellent organizational agility
- Consultative, cooperative, solutions-oriented, and service-minded perspective
- Strong project management and organizational skills; the ability to successfully manage multiple projects and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to embrace, assimilate, and implement new processes, procedures, and standards in an environment of continuous improvement and change
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively and efficiently in a team environment
- NYC candidates preferred