Experienced Python & Java/Scala Engineer
Marketmuse Inc.’s M4 Lab is seeking an experienced Python & Java/Scala engineer to help create the next generations of content analytics and content generation technologies. This role blends production software development, big data and machine learning. The engineer will work on natural language processing systems that try to understand the semantics, intent, and topical structure of vast amounts of web content at scale. This role requires extensive knowledge and experience in architecting and developing data intensive applications.
Marketmuse Inc. is a rapidly growing institutionally-backed content planning technology firm with offices in Montreal, Boston, and New York City. We are the premier provider of enterprise content planning technologies and are recognized as a leading technology for content marketing functions. MarketMuse’s new M4 Lab (the MarketMuse Montreal Machine Monograph Lab) will be a hub for our advanced machine learning and data sciences teams working on cutting-edge R&D to improve our systems’ quality of content understanding, knowledge representation, and machine learning powered content generation assistance tools. Our software also helps our clients optimize or create content ranging from short blog posts to long whitepapers.
- Design and implement reliable distributed data pipelines
- Implement scalable architectures of machine learning prototype solutions geared towards solving natural language processing, knowledge representation, and natural language generation problems
- Create parallelized and/or distributed versions of existing algorithms
- Maintain and develop existing machine learning models
- Collaborate with research scientists, architects and product management to design and program innovative strategic and tactical solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles
- Gather and determine requirements for new features from internal colleagues
- Experience with architecting data intensive applications
- Experience writing software in Python, Scala and/or Java. Experience working with data structures, algorithms and software design
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, tools and environments (such as Apache Beam, Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, MapReduce, Flume)
- Experience with test driven development
- Experience working effectively with software engineering teams
- Mentor others in achieving their career growth potential
Required Education and Experience Level
- At least 5 years of engineering experience with Java/Scala/Python
- At least 2 years of distributed or highly threaded software development experience
Preferred But Optional Skills
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
- Experience with workflow tools like Airflow, Luigi, etc.
- Experience with data mining or machine learning applications
- Hands-on experience implementing new research ideas with a neural network training framework such as Tensorflow, Keras, or PyTorch