Who We Are:
We are a robotics startup based in San Francisco, and we are hiring field operators to be on the front lines with our friendly robots. We design, build, and operate autonomous delivery robots used for transporting all types of goods such as food, packages, and medicine. Robotic delivery will improve reliability and drastically reduce the cost of delivery, touching the lives of billions of people and ultimately transforming how our world works. Our team is small, and we’re moving lightning fast to create the world’s first fleet of autonomous delivery robots to solve the last mile logistics challenge.
About the Job:
Marble’s field operators are an integral part of developing our autonomous delivery robot. Some of the responsibilities of field operators include taking the robots into the field for testing, using the robots to create new maps, and accompanying the robot while it makes deliveries for our commercial partners. Field operators will educate the general public about the robots, provide customer service while making deliveries, and create accurate and detailed reports of experiences in the field. Our ideal candidate is passionate about technology, can educate the public about our robots, has a keen eye for detail, and enjoys working outdoors.
This is a part-time, temporary position with the possibility of becoming permanent. We are looking for people to start immediately. Compensation starts at $20/hour.
We operate 7 days a week with shifts spanning from 7am-11pm every day. Applicants should be willing to work 10-15 hours per week.
Instead of listing qualifications, this posting will outline what you can expect to accomplish with Marble. We are looking for candidates who want to explore possibilities to grow with us.
During your training you’ll...
- Learn about Marble
- Learn how our robots operate
- Experience the field work with a trainer
- Learn how to be an awesome ambassador for Marble
- Meet the engineering teams you’ll be supporting
- Spend time outdoors piloting the robot around the city
During your first month you’ll...
- Oversee the robots making deliveries, bringing people the items they need
- Interface with commercial partners to aid in deliveries
- Provide feedback and make recommendations for robot improvements based on field work
- Educate the world about Marble robots
- Based on performance, be invited to explore further possibilities with Marble
- Become an expert robot troubleshooter and problem solver
- Be prepared to grow within Marble and assume new roles and responsibilities such as robot technician, mapping specialist, and testing specialist.