Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
The IT team has the twin responsibilities of making the technology that every Mapboxer uses as effective and frictionless as possible while also optimizing the performance of our corporate technology stack. We do that by promoting secure, repeatable processes, supporting data wherever it lives, and delivering self-service solutions whenever possible.
Everyone at Mapbox is a customer, a stakeholder, and a partner, often all at the same time. IT has a diverse range of functions, including incident response, laptop support, office networking, audio/visual administration, SaaS application integration, new hire orientation, and end-user training.
What You’ll Do
Mapbox is a global organization with offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, and our IT team provides excellent support and services for our offices worldwide. As our first IT Administrator in Minsk, you will support a high-growth employee base in the region, as well as help maintain a follow-the-sun support model with your IT colleagues in other offices and develop solutions that contribute to the high velocity of Mapbox as a whole. Reporting to the IT Manager, your primary responsibilities lie in the areas of IT and Security Operations, helping ensure the optimal health of systems and services—both on premises and in the cloud—while also assisting our employees with maintaining consistent, effective processes that optimize for usability and security.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Collaborate with the rest of the IT and Security teams to manage inbound support requests and incidents, and resolve them according to our service level agreements.
- Provide superior customer support in-person, in our ticketing system, and via chat. Provide the skills for our employees to effectively use our corporate tools and become IT advocates.
- Support the smooth onboarding of new hires and manage the full employee IT lifecycle.
- Setup, maintain, and strengthen the in-office LAN, WiFi, audio-visual, conferencing, and computing systems.
- Identify trends in request tickets and help build automation and process improvements to make the system work better over time and intelligently reduce risk.
- Secure configuration and access management of our operational production endpoints in AWS, GitHub, Google Cloud, G Suite, Okta, and other systems of record.
- Participate in weekly sprints and IT projects, both as a contributor and as a leader.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Experience in a multi-input, fast-paced IT support organization that prioritizes customer service, security, and innovation.
- The ability to thrive as a lone regional operator with limited realtime connection to other teammates. While Mapbox deeply values team support and interaction, most forms of team communication will not be in realtime.
- Comfortable working in spoken and written English. Knowledge of Finnish and/or Mandarin is a plus.
- A love for problem solving, and a commitment to frictionless risk reduction. You dig into the root causes of issues, think outside the box, and strive for “secure by default” whenever possible.
- Experience configuring and maintaining Cisco Meraki products. CCNA Routing and Switching certification is a plus.
- Experience automating with scripting languages like bash. Knowledge of Node.js, or Python is a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks to keep projects on track and delivered at velocity.
- Experience with our IT tools and platforms of choice, including macOS and Windows 10, Okta SAML, GitHub, Slack, Google G Suite, Jamf, Zoom, and ticket management systems.
What We Value
In addition to , which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
We are creating a very strong team of professionals able to solve complicated and interesting tasks. We will provide appropriate working conditions, good salary, really nice office in the city center and others.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity