What We Do
What You’ll Do
- Own the design, development, and testing of Mapbox tooling for the annotation of geographic mapping data (such as roads and buildings) and visual data (such as images and videos)
- Establish operational metrics that ensure your tools are performing as expected and drive improvements over time
- Collaborate with in-house annotation team to understand their workflows and gather feedback
- Solve complex workflow problems and implement enhancements in frontend and backend services based on metrics, user feedback, and evolving business requirements
- Maintain documentation for your services
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 2+ years of experiance as a full-stack engineer
- Familiarity with modern frontend best practices (build systems, continuous testing, etc)
- Experience with server-side development in Node.js. Python or Go experience considered a plus
- Experience with cloud hosting (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and associated technology (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with project management tools and Git
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills. Mapbox has offices in the USA, Finland, China and Belarus. You should communicate about complex ideas concisely to an audience worldwide. Similarly, you should explain your work in detail and walk through decisions with teammates and collaborators
- Self-directed, driven, and sharp. You'll be surrounded by teammates with deep experience in strategy, data, code, and design, but we expect to be learning just as much from you
What We Value
- We value high performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We value transparent, in-depth communication. Strong culture of open debate, decide, and commit. We value deeply understand problems and solving them at the root.
- We value the spirit of entrepreneurship, action-orientation, and fast moving ethos.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity