Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.5 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers. Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps.
What We Do
Do you have a passion for Automotive? Do you want to challenge the status quo of the in-car customer experience? Do you want to take on very ambiguous problems? If you answered yes to these questions, we have a dream job for you!
Come join a small yet mighty team of diverse and collaborative backend engineers, a Product Manager, and an Engineering Manager and build new user experiences from the ground up for our global customers like Toyota, GM, and BMW.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Android Engineer, you'll partner closely with your team to define, develop, and deliver the roadmap and the technical direction of our greenfield product. You will solve complex technical problems relevant to the car. We love to experiment and move fast to best serve our customers.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Build end-to-end software solutions that provide a connected and enjoyable customer experience;
- Incorporate best practices, produce secure, testable, maintainable, and extensible code;
- Work with your Engineering Manager, Product Manager, backend engineers, designers, and other dependent cross-functional teams to build and ship technical solutions for the best customer experience;
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software;
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 5 years of software engineering experience.
- 3 years of experience with Android application development.
- Strong proficiency in Kotlin with at least 2 years of experience.
- System architecture experience and understanding of architectural concepts.
- Experience testing and launching software products.
- Participate in, or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies.
- Desire to work in a cross-functional and collaborative environment.
- Passion about programming and having a strong focus on performance aspects.
- Experience with at least 1 automated testing framework.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders: