What We Do
At Mapbox, our mission is to empower innovators who build location-driven experiences. Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as the Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Amazon, looking for a local event on Facebook, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
As an Administrative/Operation Specialist, you are a key part of the mission control for your team’s business operations and keep your team moving forward. You anticipate the needs of your team and help them stay focused by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. You move quickly while using your knowledge of Mapbox teams and our customer landscape to support our team’s work. In addition to being organized and analytical, you possess strong business judgment and communication skills in direct support of our executives in APAC.
What You'll Do
- Provide full spectrum of administrative and operational support to the APAC team across different locations including but not limited to provide smooth office operations, organize team events like all-hands, weekly sales meeting, team training and assist with business events, recruiting coordination, on-boarding new hires.
- Liaise with Finance, Legal, IT, Facilities and HR departments on various issues.
- Manage JAPAC executive leader’s day to day agendas, calendars, coordinate and schedule appointments, internal and external business meetings and follow up the action list if required.
- Drive success by creating space to get focused work done and designing a schedule that aligns contexts to help build momentum.
- De-conflict complex priorities while performing an array of administrative tasks, including calendar management across multiple time zones, setting meeting agendas, booking travel, managing expenses, and building slide decks.
- Support the recruiting coordination, new hire on-boarding and learning and development program
- Acting as focal contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners.
- Champion the Mapbox culture and mission.
- Additional ad-hoc duties as assigned and required by the company
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Experience. Diploma in Business Admin or equivalent work experience with 5+ years of professional experience. Proven and significant experience in administrative support in a professional, fast paced, high profile environment
- Intangibles: Assertive. Friendly. Approachable. Positive. Flexible. Learning mindset..
- Respond positively to changing priorities: You’re friendly and stay organized while keeping an eye on our larger values and goals.
- Clear, concise, direct communicator. You’re able to extract the nuances in communication to figure out what's important, what's not – and when to stop and clarify, or just move forward independently. You can easily interface with a variety of stakeholders to help move things forward in various contexts.
- Proven stamina in a fast-growing startup. You have a personal framework for triaging information, tasks, and projects – and know how to jump in and organize chaos with minimal direction.
- A Plus: Japanese Language at business communication level