Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
High-quality data is the foundation of all Mapbox products. Data RAVE is a key division inside Mapbox, which is responsible for acquiring, processing, and delivering high quality location-oriented data to enable internal and external Сustomers. RAVE Enrichment Specialists are responsible for annotation/validation of machine consumable data (ML, computer vision) and enrichment of our map/navigation data through proactive contribution of corrections.
What You’ll Do
- You will validate and edit large volumes of data, create various content for Mapbox map and navigation services and products;
- You will annotate images in specialized tools and editors for creating machine learning (ML) training data in big volumes;
- You will detect and mark different objects on images according to needed requirements;
- You will analyze, classify and sort large volumes of data (e.g. up to several tens of thousands images or map features per week);
- You will make cartographic edits in OpenStreetMap or contribute to enrichment of map data by using specialized tools.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Proficiency in English, ability to communicate clearly in written and verbal communication, read and write documentation. (Critical minimum A2, preference for candidates - B1 and above). Please, indicate the level of English proficiency in your CV;
- Ability to execute monotonous work in large volumes on a high level of personal efficiency;
- Ability to stay focused on a repetitive work during a working day, keeping high quality and accuracy of data processing;
- Presence of logic, ability to reason and act independently;
- Analytical mindset and ability to identify common patterns in large volumes of information;
- Resistant to stress in a rapidly changing situation;
- A quick learner, ability to switch between projects with different workflow or instructions, multi-tasking;
- Ability to work in a team and high communicative skills.
- General knowledge of traffic rules for qualitative analysis of traffic situations and modeling driver behavior or use-cases (ideally, driving license or completed driving school);
- Understanding OpenStreetMap service and an interest in cartography (if you have an account with OSM edits, please, specify in your CV);
- Experience working in GIS, cartography or geodesy;
- Experience working in IT-sphere or completed IT-courses for understanding communication culture and processes in high-technology international company;
- Interest in developing their skills and expanding their competencies within working domain;
- Basic knowledge of GitHub.
We provide comfortable working conditions:
- Official full-time employment;
- Salary linked to the exchange rate of USD;
- Work in the office (for the period of COVID-19 its possible to work from home);
- Medical care for employees and close relatives, English courses, corporate discounts;
- Participation in interesting and challenging projects, start of career in IT;
- Opportunity for gradual growth and career path;
- Young team and a positive friendly atmosphere;
- Comfortable office in the city center (kitchen, snacks, parking for cars and bikes).
Response on the vacancy and a full CV is a MUST! English CV is a favor!
What We Value
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity