Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for someone to handle the day-to-day procurement and accounts payable transactions as a part of our accounting team and to help support our growing global company. You should be excited to help grow a startup and gain accounting experience. We’re looking for an accountant who will thrive in a rapidly growing company and be able to pivot on priorities and someone who will execute with precision to enable us to scale our current processes through the next stage of our growth. We want someone who’s calm under pressure, efficient, and extremely detail oriented, while still enjoying the uncertainty and ever-changing nature of a high growth company.
- Manage the AP function, including processing accounts payable transactions in a timely manner (including wires, checks, and ACH payments), responding to vendor inquiries, and vendor onboarding
- Assist in streamlining current Accounts Payable processes
- Enter and review all vendor bills to ensure proper general ledger and department coding and ensure appropriate internal approvals are being obtained in our accounting systems
- Accurately match invoices to purchase orders
- Flag and obtain clarification on any unusual or questionable invoice items
- Review and reconcile company credit cards, including collaborating across departments to obtain necessary support
- Review and approve employee expense reports ensuring expenses are following T&E policy
- Oversee and manage the procurement process, policies and system
- Assist with annual 1099 filings
- Provide support for year-end financial statement audit
- Assist with ad-hoc projects, as needed
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 2-5 years of accounting experience, preferably in corporate accounts payable
- Proficient in data entry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven problem identification and resolution skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Pluses, but not required
- Prior experience with Coupa, Netsuite and Floqast
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity