Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What You’ll Do
As a Partner Development Manager (PDM) you’ll own the alliance relationship with our most strategic technology partners & independent software vendors (ISVs). The Mapbox platform, combined with our ISV partner applications, deliver game-changing solutions for customers. The majority of business and enterprise applications in the market require location data and maps visualization, and Mapbox is positioned to integrate with all of them globally. Your focus will be on identifying partners, discovering and enabling the product integration, and growing the joint go-to-market opportunities with these partners to reach their full potential.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Managing the relationship with partners across the entire organization, from the engineering and sales teams up to the C-level, to ensure Mapbox is the default location and data platform within their applications.
- Developing and executing partner success plans that drive the solution development, go-to-market, and co-selling goals with our partners.
- Maximizing all the Mapbox integration opportunities and use-cases within each partner.
- Aligning with the Mapbox Sales team to ensure partners are building priority solutions that will drive customer adoption in our target verticals.
- Enabling Mapbox and partner sales teams to jointly sell these solutions.
- Managing a feedback loop across all relevant teams within Mapbox to discover new partner requirements, share partner feedback, and continue meeting partner requirements.
- Analyzing market developments, vertical industries, and the competitive landscape to further develop and contribute to our partner strategy.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
We are seeking a technology enthusiast with a deep understanding of partner product integrations and the selling of these integrated solutions to customers. Looking at each partner opportunity through a product manager’s lens, while maintaining a focus on the best outcomes for customers, is essential. All of this should be rounded out with a strong sales mindset and the desire to grow the Mapbox business to its full potential.
The ideal candidate exhibits the following traits:
- 7+ years of experience in an ISV partner product management, sales, engineering or consulting role at a leading cloud-based technology company or start-up.
- Strong technical aptitude demonstrated through a combination of industry experience, size and complexity of partner engagements, and rapport with engineers and product owners.
- Software-as-a-service or developer-focused experience is a plus.
- Background in maps and location technology is a major plus.
- Ability to navigate complex partner relationships, developing trust and influence with engineers and developers up to c-level leadership.
- Ability to collaborate across Mapbox teams including engineering, support, marketing, finance and legal to drive ongoing partner success and adoption.
- Deep curiosity, empathy, and grit — we’re solving hard problems with partners and we win as a team.
- Strategic and creative problem-solving - a demonstrated ability to get to the “why” of every partner requirement and discern between the “must-haves” and “nice-to-haves”.
- Well-developed communication skills - the ability to write and speak about complex concepts to any audience, from developers to executives.
- Desire to explore, learn and teach.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity