Mapbox is building a live location platform. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data. Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, sending snaps on Snapchat, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world.
What We Do
Our navigation team builds the world’s most flexible and high-performance routing cloud services to help logistics customers scale their operations from 1 to 1 million. We solve complex geospatial data problems and leverage algorithms and statistical analysis to power experiences like Instacart’s delivery tracking, package delivery for Fedex drivers, finding the nearest scooter rental for Revel, on-time food delivery for Coupang, ride-hailing and taxi services across the world like Ryde in Singapore and Vá De Táxi in Brazil, Optym truck fleet management, and even marijuana delivery to your doorstep with Weedmaps. Over 30,000 customers use our Navigation APIs, ranging from individual app developers to household consumer app brands and Fortune 500 enterprises.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a Product Manager to partner with a passionate group of engineers and a wide variety of customers and internal stakeholders. This PM will own product, roadmap, revenue, pricing and packaging for multiple API cloud services that power our routing and navigation experiences for logistics customers.
You will have the opportunity to redefine how the world approaches the logistics market. You are passionate about challenging the status quo, deeply curious about how the world works and thrive on making customers wildly successful in pursuit of outsized business growth. When you hear the word “entrepreneurial” you raise your hand. You have experience stepping into a new role to leverage existing products as well as building new products as you learn your customers’ and the market’s’ demand.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Become an expert in logistics use cases, joining your domain knowledge with expertise from our talented engineers and data scientists and well as from our wide range of customers across different industries and geographies
- Learn the ins and outs of the Isochrone, Matrix, and Optimization APIs that power our customers business critical daily operations. Work with sales and TAMs to enable complex customer use cases and discover new ones using these products and services.
- Define the product roadmap informed by in-depth customer discovery, competitive insights, and a strong grasp of the technical requirements
- Regularly engage our customers via video conversations, emails, and in person visits to understand their needs, as well as validate our proposed solutions.
- Own communications with stakeholders from project start to end. In addition to our customers, you will work closely with Engineering Managers, Engineers, General Managers, the Support team, Sales team and our TAMs.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 5+ years of proven product management experience and ability to design and develop sophisticated, innovative, efficient, and durable solutions to complex technical and business problems; SaaS, mobility/mapping/GIS, logistics, and/or enterprise B2B experience required.
- Experience building complex SaaS products in the logistics industry and/or strong opinions and experiences building solutions in the last mile delivery problem space.
- An analytical approach: you have strong SQL skills or a willingness to learn, and always use data to properly evaluate the success or failure of features, as well as guide your next steps.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and intrinsic motivation: you gravitate towards chaos. You can weed out what’s important in highly ambiguous spaces, and juggle a variety of competing priorities.
- Strong written communication skills: every good plan starts with a great document. You can talk and write about complex ideas concisely to a wide audience and walk through decisions with teammates and collaborators. We work backwards, which means that we start product development by writing an FAQ.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity