Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What You’ll Do
Mapbox is looking for People Operations Lead reporting to the Head of HR to lead this function during an exciting time of growth and global expansion and help drive operational excellence. The People Operations function helps design and drive our people programs, processes, systems, and tools to ensure scalability and efficiency.
You will lead a team that supports the broader People Team of HR Business Partners, Recruiters and Workplace Operations. You will partner with cross functional teams from Payroll, Accounting, IT, Legal, Finance. You will leverage your broad HR experience in systems and project management to continuously improve our technology solutions, people analytics and operations.
In this role, you will:
- Lead global people operations systems roadmap and self-service strategy to support long-term and service delivery goals, and ensure the highest levels of data management and accuracy for all HR Systems.
- Lead and manage a growing team responsible for managing the employee experience throughout the employee lifecycle (onboarding, transfers, benefits renewal, leaves of absence and offboarding).
- Build a data-driven People Ops organization and process, including analytics, dashboards, and a world-class HRIS system. Data drives every aspect of our decision making as a business and that is no less true for people-decisions.
- Own HR compliance and assess readiness in close partnership with legal and finance on everything from employee handbook, employment policies, etc.
- Partner with the HR Business Partners to design and execute company-wide and critical people programs.
- Help refine and implement our global total rewards strategies and programs.
- Play an instrumental role in helping drive the coordination of global people operations execution across our global offices.
- Improve processes and drive requirements for additional improvements to eliminate manual processes.
- Train team members on new technology and process updates to ensure competency in Workday and HR related processes as well as policy and program compliance.
- Build a metrics driven organization. Lead the development of the HR reporting and People analytics function to support effective decision making and business needs. Develop key operational metrics and dashboards for the team and monitor key performance metric scores.
- Hire, onboard, coach and mentor team members, playing an active role in developing expertise.
- Provide HR/People Operations support and guidance on special projects such as acquisition and opening & expanding new locations.
- Ensure that Mapbox’s unique values, culture and diversity are reflected in all decisions, programs, and processes as the company scales
- Drive transformational initiatives and work to increase our efficiency and help us design programs and processes that will allow us to scale globally.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 10+ years of progressive experience building, leading and managing in HR.
- Self-directed leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who proactively takes ownership and has prior experience and is hungry to grow rapidly scaling company.
- Experience designing and implementing scalable, high quality operational HR programs, processes and systems globally, in high tech companies of 750+ employees with international locations.
- Ability to influence, engage, and partner closely with appropriate business partners across all levels of the organization in planning, change management and conflict resolution.
- Excellent oral and written communication and analytical skills.
- Collaborative work style - team player with low-ego.
- Demonstrated ability to manage through ambiguity and competing priorities.
- Outstanding analytical, project management, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Can-do, make it happen attitude.
- Passion for Mapbox.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity