Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
Auto is undergoing a massive change towards electric and automated vehicles with a fully connected user experience - you’ve seen this in your work. At a time where these changes are actually reaching a tipping point, Mapbox delivers realtime updating maps, a polished user experience and AI vision enabling our OEM customers to build the future of mobility. We take a consultative, long term partnership approach in developing business with our customers. We obsess with them about their drivers to create delightful experiences unique to their brand and we work with them to evolve in-car applications continuously throughout the lifetime of the vehicle. As a senior account manager you’ll be responsible for the acquisition and management of some of the most valuable European OEM accounts - BMW, Daimler, Porsche, Volkswagen, Audi, PSA, JLR - many of whom we already work with. You will develop new opportunities around in-car navigation, augmented reality, ADAS and automated driving and manage our customer relationships from the first contact on. You’ll be their go-to person and senior advisor in everything location tech, you’ll develop term sheets for new projects and negotiate contracts that enable to grow them long term. Location is a fundamental enabler of the future of mobility and the journey is just getting started. If you’re excited to build this future together with our customers, we’d love to hear from you.
What You’ll Do
- Grow key accounts and advise customers on their location product strategy for navigation, Automated Driving Products
- Build and own relationships with Mapbox’s most strategic customers, from first contact to product launch and beyond
- Combine Mapbox building blocks with deep customer knowledge to present compelling technical solutions with clear business outcomes, particularly around in-car navigation, mobile companion applications, automated driving, augmented reality and electric vehicle routing
- Lead complex proposal processes (RFI/RFQ/RFP) end to end.
- Involve the Mapbox product leadership directly in the business development process to shape our technical roadmap
- Develop and execute strategies to expand Mapbox’s adoption in key industry verticals, working closely with the marketing team to tell our customers’ success stories
- Mentor more junior members of the sales team to grow talent internally
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 5+ years of experience developing and negotiating complex deals involving a technical product and senior decision makers
- Consultative and solutions oriented sales approach
- Strong technical sales aptitude demonstrated through a combination of industry experience, size and complexity of deals closed (you’ll be focused on seven and eight figure opportunities), and rapport with engineers and product owners
- Ability to navigate complex customer relationships, developing trust and influence with engineers and developers up to c-level leadership
- Ability to collaborate across Mapbox teams including engineering, support, and marketing to close business and ensure successful customer launches
- Deep curiosity, empathy, and grit — we’re partnering with our customers to solve hard problems, and we win as a team
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity