Mapbox is building a live location platform. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world,
accessing, aggregating,and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in
real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next
frontier in location-based data. Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on
Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, sending snaps on Snapchat, monitoring
your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox
is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping
You will be working along the strong team of C++ and Android engineers developing Vision
SDK — a modular platform for fleet management, ADAS, and augmented reality.
What You’ll Do
As a Software Engineer at Mapbox team, you will be responsible for the product development
for a self-driving car. Your responsibilities will include:
● Writing clean, fast code to implement new features;
● Designing and implementing new features;
● Implementing real time algorithms running on low power hardware devices;
● Thinking through the best ways to solve particular technical challenges.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
● Experience in software development;
● Strong proficiency in C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification;
● Strong knowledge of the standard library;
● Passionate about programming and have a strong focus on performance aspects;
● Knowledge of C++14 standard is appreciated;
● Knowledge of writing a cross-platform code is appreciated;
● Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests;
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git;
● Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver;
● Excellent team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment;
● Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for
● We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and
● We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through
supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life,
and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
● We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the
tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
● We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of
all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US
Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to
provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for
Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender