Mapbox is building a live location platform. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data. Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, sending snaps on Snapchat, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world.
What We Do
The Documentation team is a supportive and versatile group of software engineers and writers. We design, build, and maintain front-end systems that dozens of teams across the company use to teach their users how to use Mapbox products. We love finding systematic solutions to hard problems and, in the process, enable people to learn. Documentation is the entrypoint to our products, and the Documentation team creates tools that set users up for success.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a front-end engineer to join our team. Working on educational tools is fun and rewarding, and we want an engineer who embraces the joy of making products that empower users to learn. If this job listing doesn't describe you perfectly but you feel there is a strong reason for you to be considered, get in touch and tell us why you want to work with us!
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to Mapbox’s documentation systems. Our documentation sites are built using a React-based static site generator. You should be able to ship simple, approachable, performant, testable code.
- Contribute to discussions and make informed technical decisions that drive the long term vision for how we approach front-end development at Mapbox.
- Build tools that enable our software engineers and product managers to contribute to documentation faster and easier.
- Participate in the design process by listening to users, attending design critiques, and providing guidance and feedback informed by a deep understanding of technical constraints.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Empathy for your peers, your users, and yourself.
- Able to write approachable, performant code with comprehensive tests and thorough documentation.
- Love to make your customers and colleagues jobs easier through automation.
- Keep the big picture in mind, and strive to solve the root problem.
- Dedicated to passing on the knowledge you’ve gained to others through pair programming, code reviews, and devlogs.
- Comfortable being vulnerable when you don’t know the answer, and know how to ask for help.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity