Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
Mapbox is building a live location platform. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data. Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, sending snaps on Snapchat, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world.
Solutions Architects (SA) are technical and business experts who work with customers and partners to help them design solutions to location problems from scaling consumer applications, to live asset tracking, to data visualization and in-car navigation.
What You’ll Do
As an SA you’ll have technical expertise in one or more of these areas - Android, iOS, and/or web. For this specific role, we’re looking for a senior web developer with expertise in solutions, sales, and/or partner engineering. You should have deep knowledge of web technologies and be capable of rapidly prototyping and benchmarking solutions. Additionally, you will need to be a thought leader, both inspiring partners of what is possible with Mapbox and influencing our broader partner strategy.
Your primary role will be to partner with our Business Development team to qualify, onboard, and advise our strategic partners on architecture and operational models that optimize Mapbox for our joint customers. The strategic partners you’ll be working with span multiple categories including system integrators (SIs), channel resellers, technology providers (ISVs), data providers and the major Cloud platforms.
When not working directly with partners, you will team up with fellow Mapboxers to put your deep partner knowledge to use identifying common customer problems, developing solutions, and sharing them with customers and partners to drive adoption at scale.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
Mapbox Solution Architects are great engineers and better problem solvers. They maintain technical expertise in their chosen field while simultaneously educating themselves on new technologies. They actively partner with teammates, customers and partners to share their knowledge, drive results, and identify opportunities to grow the business. The ideal candidate exhibits the following traits:
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering, technical consulting, solutions architecture, or product management.
- Strategic and creative problem-solving - a demonstrated ability to get to the “why” of every technical requirement and discern between the “must-haves” and “nice-to-haves”.
- Well-developed communication skills - the ability to write and speak about complex concepts to any audience, from developers to executives.
- Relentless focus on customer experience and solution quality, simplicity, and efficiency.
- Desire to explore, learn and teach.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity