What We Do
The Enterprise Applications team builds and maintains the services that our company uses to engage with customers, sell our product, and operate smoothly. This includes marketing, CRM, Helpdesk, BI, Finance, and HRIS systems, and the integration between the systems. The team also delivers high-quality data products to our data warehouse to give internal customers a clear picture of how the business performs.
What You’ll Do
As the Lead Integrations Engineer on the Enterprise Applications team, you will set the foundation for our integration platform (Workato & AWS) and also design, build, and maintain the Integrations that power the business. You will engage with internal customers directly and create elegant solutions to address their feedback. Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with engineering teams to architect efficient and stable production integrations.
- Own the custom Integrations development process (using platforms such as Workato, AWS) from requirements gathering to full implementation.
- Build integrations between enterprise applications such as Salesforce, Stripe, Netsuite, Marketo, AWS, Snowflake, and other external applications
- Understand the business systems, integration points, and architecting the integration services.
- Build solutions that increase business value using industry-standard methodologies of using common, reusable services
- Work with business and technology stakeholders to understand the requirements and define and develop solutions.
- Provide technical and thought leadership on all integration development related activities
- Engaging with internal users and customers directly and designing elegant solutions based on their feedback.
- Evaluating new 3rd party integrations to understand their ROI and overseeing their integration into our suite of applications
- Identify and drive technical efficiencies where appropriate, create\modify best practices and communicate those to the proper technical stakeholders.
- Stay current with the latest tools, technology ideas, patterns, and methodologies; share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to key stakeholders
- Create a technical approach and design documentation as required
- Ensure that best practices and industry standards are incorporated into all custom integration solutions
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 5+ years of software engineer experience with a minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience using iPaas such as Workato or Dell Boomi or Mulesoft
- Strong experience in defining solutions using Microservices patterns, integration patterns, and designing service and API interfaces
- Hands-on deep knowledge of integration patterns and styles for application, cloud native and cloud platforms.
- Experience in developing applications with large sets of complex domain-specific business requirements and workflows
- Background in implementing Salesforce.com with 3rd party applications using SOAP/REST API, Middleware, etc., DevOps and Source Code Tools, agile methodologies, such as scrum and continuous integration environments.
- Familiarity with cloud hosting (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and associated technology (Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science/Math or equivalent practical experience
- A business-first approach to building integrations, systems, and applications. You care about the business impact of your technical work.
- Strong analytical and communication skills