What We Do
At Mapbox, our mission is to empower innovators who build location-driven experiences. Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as the Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Amazon, looking for a local event on Facebook, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What You’ll Do
- Build and own relationships with Mapbox’s most strategic customers, from first contact to product launch and beyond, ensuring that we grow with them
- Combine Mapbox building blocks with deep customer knowledge to present compelling technical solutions with clear business outcomes
- Communicate customer needs and industry patterns back to Mapbox product teams to influence our technical roadmap
- Develop and execute strategies to expand Mapbox’s adoption in key industry verticals, working closely with the marketing team to tell our customers’ success stories
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Analyze market developments, industries to improve vertical or territory development and expansion
- Lead customer meetings to impart sales intelligence and wisdom and set the example for your team
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
Our sales are highly consultative and require deep knowledge of Mapbox products and the business and technical problems our customers are trying to solve.
We welcome candidates with sales-adjacent experience, including technical business development and sales/solutions engineering.
- 5+ years experience achieving or exceeding quota in closing complex deals
- Strong technical sales aptitude demonstrated through a combination of industry experience, size and complexity of deals closed, and rapport with engineers and product owners
- Ability to navigate complex customer relationships, developing trust and influence with engineers and developers up to c-level leadership
- Ability to collaborate across Mapbox teams including engineering, support, and marketing to close business and ensure successful customer launches
- Deep curiosity, empathy, and grit — we’re partnering with our customers to solve hard problems, and we win as a team
- Manage toward sales targets within your sales pod
- Software-as-a-service or developer-focused experience is a plus
- Background in maps and location technology is a major plus