Mapbox is building a live location platform. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data. Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, sending snaps on Snapchat, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world.
What You’ll Do
Mapbox is looking for a DEI Lead reporting to the Head of HR to lead this function during an exciting time of growth and global expansion and to help drive operational excellence.
You will help set diversity, equity and inclusion strategy for the company and lead DEI initiatives. You will partner with executives and employees across the company and work closely with the VP of People, Head of HR, Head of People Operations, HRBPs and Talent org to set DEI goals, establish best practices, educate managers and team members across Mapbox.
You are someone who knows that diverse perspectives make Mapbox stronger and you know how to ensure that programs and initiatives attract, develop, engage and retain Mapboxers who represent the diversity in the world around us. You are curious and passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion and constantly strive to learn and stay abreast of best practices.
In this role, you will:
- Advise, implement and measure Mapbox’s strategy for diversity, equity and inclusion. Ensure our DEI strategy is folded into all areas of the business.
- Review and enhance our current Employee Resource Group (ERG) initiatives to expand their impact across the company.
- Work closely with Recruiting to build effective sourcing strategies and community outreach.
- Partner with HRBPs to create customized organization and function-specific goals in the advancement of Mapbox DEI strategy.
- Act as the liaison to external diversity and inclusion organizations, events and or sponsorships.
- Ensure that we are taking a data driven approach to decisions and track the ROI of programs and initiatives.
- Partner with the HR Business Partners to design and execute additional company-wide and critical people programs.
- Drive transformational initiatives and work to increase our efficiency and help us design programs and processes that will allow us to scale globally.
- Ensure that Mapbox’s unique values, culture and diversity are reflected in all decisions, programs, and processes as the company scales
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 10+ years of progressive experience in leading People initiatives and programs with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Deep DEI subject matter expertise. In depth knowledge of racial and social justice issues. Familiarity with multiple cultural frameworks, values and norms.
- Self-directed leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who proactively takes ownership and has prior experience and is hungry to grow rapidly scaling company.
- Experience designing and implementing scalable, high quality programs.
- Ability to influence, engage, and partner closely with appropriate business partners across all levels of the organization in planning, change management and conflict resolution.
- Excellent oral and written communication and analytical skills.
- Collaborative work style - team player with low-ego.
- Demonstrated ability to manage through ambiguity and competing priorities.
- Outstanding analytical, project management, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Can-do, make it happen attitude.
- Passion for Mapbox and our customers
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.