Mapbox is building a live location platform. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data. Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, sending snaps on Snapchat, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world.
What We Do
The People team is focused on providing on-the-ground support for our team from Day 0 to their last day with Mapbox. This includes leading the Mapbox onboarding program, supporting benefits enrollment and improvements, people systems administration, performance management process support, coordinating training courses and taking on special projects to support the rapid growth of our global team.
What You’ll Do
In order to continue scaling our projects and initiatives, we need a new teammate excited to steward new hires through the onboarding process and other training programs, provide day-to-day support for our growing team, and also take on special people-focused projects. The HR Operations Specialist will work closely with the HR Operations and Recruiting teams to coordinate the onboarding program for all company new hires and welcome them to the company. This role will also be focused on supporting broader Learning & Development initiatives.
The HR Operations Specialist will need to effectively communicate and partner with multiple stakeholders, including managers, L&D Program Managers, HR Business Partners, IT, and Recruiters. You will also identify ways to constantly improve the employee experience and work with the greater People team to identify ways we can scale our processes, benefits, and systems. Other tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting new hires, hiring managers, and facilitators throughout the onboarding process
- Managing learning and development training program scheduling and program management for Mapbox employees
- Facilitating the US new hire onboarding programs
- Overseeing HRIS operations including the submission of new hire data and completion of benefit selections and benefits systems
- Developing and implementing smart processes, procedures, and policies to support the Mapbox company as we grow in the US and internationally
- Helping the People Operations team develop infrastructure to support Mapbox today and Mapbox six months from now
What We Believe Are Important Traits for This Role
- 1-3 years supporting People Operations, HR or Recruiting functions at a rapidly growing company
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong dedication to proactive customer service and support; you will be one of the first points of contact for our new hires’ experience at Mapbox
- Experience in HRIS administration
- Motivation to scale human resources programs and people operations systems at a rapidly growing company
- Experience running a high-visibility project. You know what it takes to lift your vision off the ground
- Gathering and analyzing feedback to inform changes
- Compassionate, empathetic, and tactful communication skills
- Self-starter, able to work on a team or autonomously
- An ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information
- Creative problem-solving abilities
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity