Who We Are
At Mapbox, our mission is to empower innovators who build location-driven experiences. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as the Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
Technical Account Managers (TAMs) are the location and technical advisers that drive customer engagements and adoption of Mapbox. You’ll get to work with Mapbox’s most strategic customers building cutting edge solutions and products.
As a TAM, you will enable customers to solve problems through a spatial lens, leveraging innovations across all of our technologies; from maps to navigation, to VisionSDK. Internally, you will serve as an advocate for your customer, and help shape the product roadmap to ensure that customer solutions are highly scalable, flexible, and easy to use.
What we believe are important traits for this role
Ideal customers have significant experience in customer-facing roles, driving results for customers that impact their topline metrics, and excel in for stakeholder and project management.
- Proven track record of driving large-scale engagements with strategic customers from design to rollout
- An insatiable technical curiosity to understand Mapbox products and solutions and how they solve customer problems. Strong knowledge of web services, APIs, and mobile technologies are a plus.
- Unrelenting customer focus, empathy, and proactivity in building relationships that drive results. Customer advocacy and strategic thinking are key skills in this area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, tailored to communicate at different levels of the organization - from engineering to top management.
What we value
Alignment to our core values, which stretch beyond this role, are necessary for Mapbox leaders.
In addition, we
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity