Mapbox is building a live location platform. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating,and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data. Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, sending snaps on Snapchat, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world.
Solutions Architects (SA) are technical and business experts who partner with customers to help them design solutions to location problems from scaling consumer applications, to live asset tracking, to data visualization and in-car navigation.
What You’ll Do
Each SA has an area of technical expertise - Android, iOS, or web. For this role, we’re looking for an experienced web developer with expertise in solutions/sales engineering or technical consulting. You should have deep knowledge of web technologies and be capable of rapidly prototyping and benchmarking solutions.
You will use this knowledge to partner with our U.S. Sales Pods to guide and advise our customers on an architecture that optimizes Mapbox for their use-case and be able to quantify the benefits to their business. You’ll also spend time with the Technical Account Management team, partnering on architectural reviews for our largest and most strategic customers.
When not working directly with customers, you will partner with your fellow Mapboxers to put your deep customer knowledge to use identifying common customer problems, developing solutions, and sharing them with our customers to drive adoption at scale.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
Mapbox Solution Architects are great engineers and better problem solvers. They maintain technical expertise in their chosen field while simultaneously educating themselves on new technologies. They actively partner with teammates and customers to share their knowledge, drive results, and identify opportunities to grow the business. The ideal candidate exhibits the following traits:
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering, technical consulting, solutions architecture, or product management.
- Strategic and creative problem-solving - a demonstrated ability to get to the “why” of every technical requirement and discern between the “must-haves” and “nice-to-haves”.
- Well-developed communication skills - the ability to write and speak about complex concepts to any audience, from developers to executives.
- Relentless focus on customer experience and solution quality, simplicity, and efficiency.
- Desire to explore, learn and teach.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity