Whether it comes to understanding how your state voted in the recent presidential election, or mapping covid vaccine distribution in your neighborhood or understanding the path of a hurricane while planning your next roadtrip, maps are essential to our understanding of the world. Maps have certainly evolved a great deal since the time Magellan set voyage on Nao Victoria. Maps are no longer static and constantly evolve based on new learnings from millions of sensors and crowdsourced data. And search is at the heart of it and is often the starting point for most customer use cases. We help power grocery orders on Instacart, track your personal best mile on Strava, tag photos with your dog on Snap and thousands of other day to day experiences. Mapbox is the goto developer platform for building location based services that reach more than ~900 million active users every single day.
We are looking for a seasoned product manager who is equally comfortable with blue ocean thinking to build the next big thing as well as rolling up your sleeves to understand how one feature score can prove to be the difference between a successful and an abandoned search session. We take pride in diving deep to truly understand user experiences and obsess about making every detail count to delight our customers. As part of this key strategic role, you get to shape broader search strategy as we expand into multiple search engines and federate accurate results across these different data types.
Important Traits for This Role
- Ownership & execution: Own the technical vision, lead the strategy and guide the team to execute towards building the future of search.
- Customer focus. You care deeply about your customers and their problems, and you work tirelessly to innovate on their behalf.
- Growth mindset: Have the humility to accept mistakes, learn and grow from them.
- Partnership. You get to partner with product, design & key stakeholders to help drive key search decisions that influence the business.
- Strong written and vocal communication skills. You can talk and write about complex ideas concisely to a wide audience.
- Operational excellence: You drive a culture of quality and continuous improvement in your organization
- Data informed mindset: You believe in the value of data informed decision making and strive to measure things that are not straight forward but essential. You also have the right instincts to make speedy decisions in the absence of perfect & comprehensive data.
- Experience bringing products to market: You have a proven track record of shipping successful products. You have experience coordinating deadlines, setting pricing, developing a marketing strategy, and enabling support teams.
- High standards for work. You drive a culture of quality on the teams you work with and know how to drive healthy tension between quality and velocity.
Important Knowledge + Experiences for This Role
- 6+ years in product management with proven ability to design and develop sophisticated, innovative, efficient, and durable solutions to complex technological and business problems.
- Customer empathy and curiosity about what problems your work solves for your users
- An analytical approach: you have strong SQL skills, and always use data to properly evaluate the success or failure of features, as well as guide your next steps.
- Ambiguity and independence: You can weed out what’s important in highly ambiguous spaces, and juggle a variety of competing priorities. Even so, you are autonomous and proactive around driving solutions to completion.
- Ability to create and maintain multifaceted relationships and business plans with key partners to build and negotiate creative data acquisition deals that offer maximum long term benefits
What We Value
- We value high performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We value transparent, in-depth communication. Strong culture of open debate, decide, and commit. We value deep understanding of problems and solving them at the root.
- We value the spirit of entrepreneurship, action-orientation, and fast moving ethos.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity