Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
The Talent Team at Mapbox is the heartbeat of the organization. We are in hyper-growth mode and need a motivated Business Sourcer to help drive our ambitious growth plans. The role will not only drive the recruiting process of sourcing across multiple business functions - Sales, Support, Technical Account Management, and more - but also the long term strategy for the Mapbox organization.
What You'll Do
- Partner closely with recruiters and hiring managers to become a subject matter expert in the technical requirements, and develop a deep understanding of how the positions impact the organization
- Strategize and leverage multiple sourcing channels to identify high caliber candidates and maintain a healthy pipeline for priority roles
- Build a network of potential candidates through proactive market research and in-depth assessment of candidates, demonstrating ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences
- Engage passive talent by composing compelling messaging that highlights the exciting technical challenges and impact of the role
- Be an active member of intake meetings with hiring managers and recruiters
- Help initiate creative and scalable changes to our existing sourcing strategy
- Build strategic plans for sourcing candidates with diverse backgrounds for each of your roles
- Be the face of Mapbox to our amazing candidates. Maintain professional and courteous communication with candidates to foster long-term relationships
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 2+ years of recruiting/sourcing experience in-house
- Proven ability to build and implement successful, creative approaches to talent acquisition, with knowledge of the latest innovative resources and techniques
- Experience and comfort reaching out to passive candidates at all levels
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and build quick rapport, and maintain strong relationships with both candidates, hiring managers, and recruiters
- Strong collaborative skills and flexibility in fulfilling multiple roles
- Experience in a high growth tech startup preferred
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity