Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
The Talent Team at Mapbox is the heartbeat of the organization. We are in hyper-growth mode and need a motivated Senior Business Recruiter to help drive our ambitious growth plans. The Senior Business Recruiter will drive the recruiting process from sourcing to close across across Sales, Support, Technical Account Management.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with hiring managers to deeply understand the roles, write captivating job descriptions, and build a clear, concise pitch for candidates.
- Develop and nurture a pipeline of exceptionally qualified candidates and maintain their level of interest to meet current and future demand
- Proactively source and contact passive candidates for niche positions, with relentless followup
- Provide regular status reports and real-time candidate tracking
- Conduct full cycle recruiting in all business functions/departments within the organization, including posting, sourcing, screening, scheduling, and offers.
- Utilize modern, cutting-edge technology and tools in recruiting as provided by Mapbox, and make suggestions for additional tools and more optimal approaches.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 5+ years consultative recruiting experience
- Proven ability to build and implement successful, creative approaches to talent acquisition, with knowledge of the latest innovative recruiting resources and techniques
- Run full recruiting cycle for a variety of positions across departments including: Sales, Account Management, Partnerships, G&A, Solutions Architecture and Technical Account Managers
- Experience and comfort reaching out to passive candidates at all levels
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and build quick rapport, and maintain strong relationships with both candidates and hiring managers
- Ability to successfully extend, negotiate, and personally close offers
- Strong collaborative skills and flexibility in fulfilling multiple roles
- Experience in a high growth tech startup preferred
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity