Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as the Internet of Things and AR/VR.
In 2019, Mapbox made a considerable investment in the platform to support the Japanese market, including the integration of best-in-class Zenrin data and supporting the launch of Yahoo! JAPAN’s new maps for millions of people. Today, the demand for Mapbox in Japan is growing as we become the leading Japanese platform for maps and locations
What You'll Do
- Be trusted with open-source, mobile SDK application development, which you will own end-to-end, including the design, development and operations of our SDK for Android
- You will be expected to be a thought leader in driving the architecture, code health and processes for building robust mobile products
- You’ll be empowered to make product development decisions and take the lead in the direction of your project
- Be a key contributor on a small, growing team in a critical path for the company’s growth
- Design and integrate existing SDK using Java or Kotlin
- Ability to drive a team by creating a workflow structure (agile, scrum etc.)
- Optimize performance over time and improve any performance
- Analytically measure performance, user experience, and communicate the analytics to the team using reports and dashboards
- Ability to comprehend and suggest changes to business processes and requirements
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Ability to architect and communicate the reasoning for the choices made
- Ability to drive, own, and automate development pipelines using CI/CD and stabilize production releases
- Ability to understand problems and drive project or initiatives without being instructed
- Deep expertise in Android development with Java and Kotlin
- Past experience authoring idiomatic/ergonomic APIs that are intuitive to use
- Can move quickly but built with the right intuition about when to be scrappy and when to slow down
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders: