Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Join us to work with customers like Toyota, Honda, and Nissan on the future of how we get from A to B with cars that are increasingly automated, electric and connected.
What You'll Do
- Develop first of a kind opportunities with key accounts and advise customers on their location product strategy for navigation and automated driving products
- Build and foster relationships with key senior decision makers, from first contact to product launch and beyond
- Shape and translate the Mapbox value proposition specifically into the Japanese market
- Combine Mapbox building blocks with deep customer knowledge to present compelling technical solutions with clear business outcomes, particularly around in-car navigation, mobile companion applications, automated driving, augmented reality and electric vehicle routing
- Communicate customer needs and industry patterns back to Mapbox product teams to influence our technical roadmap
- Develop and execute strategies to expand Mapbox’s adoption in key industry verticals, working closely with the marketing team to tell our customers’ success stories
- Mentor more junior members of the sales team grow talent internally
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 10+ years of experience developing and negotiating complex deals involving a technical product
- Consultative and solutions oriented sales approach
- Strong technical sales aptitude demonstrated through a combination of industry experience, size and complexity of deals closed (you’ll be focused on seven and eight figure opportunities), and rapport with engineers and product owners
- Ability to navigate complex customer relationships, developing trust and influence with engineers and developers up to c-level leadership
- Ability to collaborate across Mapbox teams including engineering, support, and marketing to close business and ensure successful customer launches
- Deep curiosity, empathy, and grit — we’re partnering with our customers to solve hard problems, and we win as a team
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity