What We Do
At Mapbox, our mission is to empower innovators who build location-driven experiences. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as the Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Amazon, looking for a local event on Facebook, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What You’ll Do
- Build and own relationships with Mapbox’s most strategic customers, from first contact to product launch and beyond, ensuring that we grow with them
- Combine Mapbox building blocks with deep customer knowledge to present compelling technical solutions with clear business outcomes
- Communicate customer needs and industry patterns back to Mapbox product teams to influence our technical roadmap
- Develop and execute strategies to expand Mapbox’s adoption in key industry verticals, working closely with the marketing team to tell our customers’ success stories
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Analyze market developments, industries to improve vertical or territory development and expansion
- Lead customer meetings to impart sales intelligence and wisdom and set the example for your team
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 5+ years experience achieving or exceeding quota in closing complex deals
- Strong technical sales aptitude demonstrated through a combination of industry experience, size and complexity of deals closed, and rapport with engineers and product owners
- Our sales are highly consultative and require deep knowledge of Mapbox products and the business and technical problems our customers trying to solve
- We welcome candidates with sales-adjacent experience, including technical business development and sales/solutions engineering
- Software-as-a-service or developer-focused experience is a plus
- Background in maps and location technology is a major plus
- Ability to navigate complex customer relationships, developing trust and influence with engineers and developers up to c-level leadership
- Ability to collaborate across Mapbox teams including engineering, support, and marketing to close business and ensure successful customer launches
- Deep curiosity, empathy, and grit — we’re partnering with our customers to solve hard problems, and we win as a team
- Manage toward quarterly sales targets within your sales pod
What we value
Alignment to our core values, which stretch beyond this role, are necessary for Mapbox leaders.
In addition, we
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity