What We Do
At Mapbox, our mission is to empower innovators who build location-driven experiences. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as the Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Amazon, looking for a local event on Facebook, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What You’ll Do
Solutions Architects (SA) are technical and business experts who partner with customers to help them design solutions to location problems from scaling consumer applications, to live asset tracking, to data visualization and in-car navigation. SA’s turn their expertise and intuition from working with customers on solution reviews into repeatable solutions that they publish on Mapbox Japan website. SA’s drive solution adoption by customers using leveraged techniques such as webinars, white-papers, conference talks, and Solution Integrator (SI) partner training.
Each SA has an area of technical expertise - mobile, cloud, or web. For this role, we’re looking for a senior mobile application expert in Android or iOS development and related system architecture. The Senior SA - Mobile will work with our largest logistics, automotive, and consumer application customers to architect simple solutions to complex location problems. Your work as an SA results in increased customer value, solution adoption, and Mapbox product capabilities.
SA’s are great engineers and problem solvers that love working with customers. Successful candidates typically have software engineering, product management, solutions engineering, or technical consulting experience prior to this role.
As a Senior Solution Architect (SA), you’ll partner with our largest customers to help them build simple, efficient, and scalable location solutions using Mapbox. You’ll combine your expertise from working with customers on specific problems into repeatable blueprints with a mobile app, website, configuration guidance, and reference code implementation on Github that you publish on our website.
- Apply Mapbox and other cloud, web, and mobile technologies to solve customer challenges.
- Deliver high quality, engaging technical presentations and solutions to senior decision makers and senior engineers.
- Publish and own adoption of repeatable solution templates with reference code
- Increase Mapbox business opportunities by defining and building technical content including solution architectures, white papers, and quick start guides to show customers how to implement specific use cases for new technologies.
- Provide structured feedback and advocate for important features and use cases to Mapbox product & engineering teams
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 5+ years experience in software engineering, technical consulting, solutions architecture, or product management.
- 3+ years of experience working or building with one or more mobile programming platforms - Java, Kotlin, Objective-C, or Swift.
- Demonstrated experience solving large, complex customer problems in a consultative fashion.
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal, who is comfortable explaining complex concepts and architectures to audiences from developers to senior decision makers.
- A strategic and creative problem-solver that can both white board solutions, and champion strategies with CTOs and other senior stakeholders.
- Relentless focus on customer experience and solution quality, simplicity, and efficiency.
- Desire to explore, learn and teach new languages, skills, techniques, and platform
What we value
Alignment to our core values, which stretch beyond this role, are necessary for Mapbox leaders.
In addition, we
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity