Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as the Internet of Things and AR/VR.
In 2019, Mapbox made a considerable investment in the platform to support the Japanese market, including the integration of best-in-class Zenrin data and supporting the launch of Yahoo! JAPAN’s new maps for millions of people. Today, the demand for Mapbox in Japan is growing as we become the leading Japanese platform for maps and locations.
What You'll Do
- Drive the design, development, and testing of Mapbox ads for triaging and applying fixes for customer’s feedback
- Establish operational metrics that ensure your tools are performing as expected and drive improvements over time
- Collaborate with in-house editors team to understand their workflows and gather feedback
- Solve complex workflow problems and implement enhancements in frontend and backend services based on metrics, user feedback, and evolving business requirements
- Maintain documentation for your services
- Ability to analytically measure user experience and be proposing how to improve user experience
- Partner with product managers, sales, and other stakeholders including US members to deeply understand customer needs and solve customer problems elegantly with the products you build
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 3+ years of experience as a full-stack engineer
- Experience with server-side development in Node.js, Express.js and Go
- Experience with one of the following databases - Postgres, MySQL, DynamoDB
- Familiarity with modern frontend best practices (build systems, continuous testing, etc)
- Experience with project management tools and Git
- Good understanding how to build robust software
- Self-directed, driven, and sharp. You'll be surrounded by teammates with deep experience in strategy, data, code, and design, but we expect to be learning just as much from you
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders: