Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
We’re looking for a driven Revenue Manager to join our accounting team. We’re looking for a self-starter who will thrive in a rapidly growing company and be able to pivot on priorities, and is calm under pressure, efficient, sweats the details, and has experience managing.
Mapbox has big ambitions. We power the maps for sites and applications like The Weather Channel, Pinterest, and CNN, and we’re rapidly expanding our customer base. Our platform enables drone companies to publish imagery, real estate sites to visualize properties, satellite companies to deliver cloud-free imagery, and insurance companies to analyze assets. We want to be a leader in all of these markets by making the building blocks that change how people move around cities, understand our planet, and relate to location.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the subject matter expertise on the treatment of revenue accounting transactions (under ASC 606)
- Research accounting guidance and prepare technical memos documenting the Company’s position on revenue transactions.
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies, review contracts to ensure that revenue is recorded in compliance with GAAP
- Engage with the Sales, Professional Services, and Sales finance teams to provide input and expertise on optimal deal structuring
- Ownership of analyses related to revenue recognition including periodic SSP analysis and implementation of CECL aging analysis
- Manage the execution of global revenue, accounts receivable and commissions accounting including the month-end close process, reconciliations, and related reporting/disclosure in accordance with US GAAP.
- Build and maintain relationships with external auditors and key business contacts including FP&A, Sales, Sales Operations, Customer Success, Billing and Legal
- Work closely with the Company’s external auditors to ensure approved revenue policies are adhered to and monitored. Prepare schedules and reports in support of annual audit ensuring that all deliverables are met.
- Drive process improvement and automation efforts to streamline Accounting Operations related to revenue accounting and improve the quality of monthly, quarterly, and annual closes, and internal controls
- Oversee processes related to Sales/VAT tax filings
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Required: 5-7 years public/private high-tech company experience in revenue recognition accounting, preferably in a SaaS business.
- BS in Finance or Accounting.
- Must have knowledge of and experience with ASC 606
- CPA with Big 4 experience.
- Previous experience with NetSuite, including Advanced Revenue Module
- Ability to analyze and interpret customer contracts.
- Detail-oriented with superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional business partnering skills, with demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and at various levels within a company
- Demonstrable experience collaborating with Sales and experience working with Sales teams to influence deal structure
What Would Make You Stand Out
- Previous experience with Salesforce, Stripe, Avalara and Floqast
- International accounting experience
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders: