Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Automotive, Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
The Navigation SDK team builds the open source library that powers navigation for client applications and automotive. Customers of our SDK include apps on Android and iOS, small and large. We work with all kinds of mobile devices, embedded boards and car units. Our developers build apps and navigation experiences that top the App Store and Play Store rankings, and we are constantly working together to help them build what’s next, whether that’s an Augmented Reality app, a popular consumer app, or an autonomous driving experience.
What You'll Do
- Design and implement new big features
- Craft expressive and easy to use APIs for developers using our SDKs
- Dive deep into the underlying cross-platform implementations that power our frameworks
- Build and evolve our popular, open source iOS SDKs
Work closely with a number of cross-functional teams
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Focus on native technologies, such as Swift, Objective-C and their bridging
- Experience with testing methodologies and frameworks like XCTest
- Familiarity with or a desire to learn more about C++ is a plus
- Experience building SDKs in any language is a plus
- A passion for open source
- Desire to build frameworks and developer tools
- Passionate to earn and keep customer trust.
- Desire to learn and to teach
- Open-minded to explore new languages, skills, techniques, and platforms
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity