Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
The Navigation team are proud builders of solutions to challenges in the routing space for industries like auto, logistics, outdoors and more. We solve complex geospatial data problems and leverage algorithms and statistical analysis for use cases ranging from turn-by-turn navigation, to delivery route planning for fleets of thousands of trucks. Our services are at the heart of the operations of our customers’ businesses. We get people and products from start to finish effectively and on time, whether it’s delivering meals or going on a road trip. Our customers are primarily developers, like us.
What You'll Do
- Daily operation of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Billing collaborating with Head Quarter in US
- Prepare detailed financial reports to the leadership team and Executives
- Take lead the financial planning of the company by collaborating with other business functions
- Manage the External Auditor relationship and ensure the organisation is compliant with accounting standards
- Oversee the cash flow of the company
- Manage the taxation affairs liaising with the external tax firm for specialist advice
- Manage internal control processes and supervise all audit
- Ensure compliance with Japan financial laws and guidelines
- Coordinate with external financial entities on behalf of the company
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
5+ years of accounting experience
Fluency in English and Japanese
Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
Better to have
Experience working in startup or US-headquartered company
Understanding of multiple accounting standards（IFRS, US-GAAP, and J-GAAP)
Experience operating Salesforce and NetSuite
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders: